Dr. Steven Tsoung, a skilled cosmetic dentist in Vancouver, uses dental crowns and bridges to make flawed smiles and missing teeth beautiful and healthy again.
Dental crowns (caps) are a natural-looking material that fit over the existing teeth to improve their appearance. A dental crown is also used to reinforce dental implants and bridges to safeguard teeth after surgery.
The Procedure for Dental Crowns
The procedure requires two office visits.
- First the teeth are X-rayed and the roots and jaw are examined to see if the crown can be supported (any gum disease or tooth decay would need to be treated first).
- A local anesthetic is applied to the areas that need dental crowns.
- A very thin layer of enamel is removed from the surface of the teeth so that the dental crowns will fit.
- Impressions of the teeth are taken and sent to a lab for customization (this takes about three weeks).
- The patient wears temporary dental crowns until the permanent ones arrive.
- The teeth are examined to ensure they are still in good shape.
- The permanent dental crowns are fitted.
A dental bridge is a construction of artificial teeth that is anchored between two existing teeth to fill in the spaces after natural teeth have fallen out.
The Dental Bridge Procedure
A dental bridge procedure requires two office visits.
Call your cosmetic dentist in Vancouver today to learn if dental crowns or a dental bridge are the right treatment to make your smile look beautiful again.
- First the teeth are X-rayed and the roots and jaw are examined to see if a dental bridge can be supported (any gum disease or tooth decay would need to be treated first).
- A very thin layer of enamel is removed from the sides of each tooth (abutments) so that the dental bridge will fit between them.
- Impressions of the teeth are taken and sent to a lab for a customized dental bridge (this takes about three weeks).
- The patient wears a temporary dental bridge until the permanent one arrives.
- The teeth are examined to ensure they are still in good shape
- The permanent dental bridge is fitted.
Dr. Steven Tsoung, located in Vancouver, BC, is a dentist who serves patients from the Vancouver area. Dr. Tsoung specializes in cosmetic dentistry including porcelain veneers, crowns, bridges, and Invisalign. We are looking forward to welcoming you to our office and encourage you to schedule your appointment today!